Job Logistics Summary
Emerald is seeking a Marketing Manager for our photography brands to lead and supervise the successful execution of marketing projects and strategy while also ensuring all marketing deliverables are high quality, aligned with the company’s brand, convey the right message, and are completed within agreed-upon deadlines.
This position can be performed from any of our US-based offices or remotely from anywhere within the US.
In this position, you will lead and mentor a team of marketing professionals, establish macro & micro deadlines, set and manage milestones and KPI’s, oversee multiple overlapping marketing calendars, quality-check work, coordinate resources, and plan the overall execution of marketing strategies across several large photography brands.
The Marketing Manager should be a passionate team leader who is data-driven, creative and agile with the ability to drive projects forward. Excellent project management, attention to detail, prioritization and collaboration are essential to success.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the execution of multiple marketing projects spanning several large photography-based brands.
- Communicate and work across departments to create a product delivery roadmap and ensure branding consistency.
- Manage a team of marketing specialists and freelancers, delegating and delineating tasks to the team as needed.
- Build and manage a marketing calendar to oversee the multiple brands and the many milestones throughout the various lifecycles.
- Oversee the implementation and management of marketing technology systems and platforms, ensuring they are optimized for automation and other efficiencies.
- Develop project timelines and set brand-specific KPI’s.
- Define and translate data into actionable insights that influence overall Photo Group marketing strategy.
- Manage project budgets and manage a budget for the department.
- Manage departmental resources according to project needs, interfacing with content, product, sales, web, and operations teams.
- Designate tasks and establish macro and micro project deadlines for all team members.
- Quality-check deliverables.
- Coach and mentor new team members.
- Perform competitor analysis toward an increased market share.
- Previous proven experience in a marketing role.
- Experience managing marketing content, including email campaigns, managing Woocommerce website content, and circulating existing digital content through marketing channels.
- Experience defining and translating data into actionable insights that influence marketing strategy.
- Creative mindset with a history of conceiving new and innovative campaigns.
- Proactive work style that demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize, multitask, and identify potential challenge areas.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate successfully with multiple functional groups internally (sales, editorial, etc) and externally (clients, vendors, etc)
- Proficiency in analyzing campaign performance via marketing tech and social media platforms (such as Mailchimp, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, Active Campaign, Hootsuite)—and being able to effectively communicate results to all stakeholders.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with additional tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Tableau, and A2Z is a plus.
Target Compensation: $80,000-85,000 (bonus eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.