In-Store Retail Manager
Job Logistics Summary
- Position: In-Store Retail Manager
- Type: W-2 employee averaging 28-35 hrs per week with rotating shifts
- Location: in-person boutique retail store at 109 N 2nd St., Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Salary: $17-$22 per hour
Seeking you... if you:
- are passionate about individualized expression through fashion, style, and boutique retail
- have been told that you are an overachiever because you want to exceed expectations, create success, and continue to learn and grow
- are energized by interacting with different people and personalities throughout the day and pride yourself in delivering a “white glove” experience to every shopper
- believe there is beauty in our differences and are passionate about individualized expression through fashion, style, and boutique retail
- love empowering others to lead in their area of expertise and demonstrate confidence when leading a team
- thrive in both independent and collaborative team environments with a high level of integrity, accountability, and ownership
- are confident, innovative, inspiring, and believe in inclusivity
- are resourceful, proactive, and a problem solver - heck, you thrive on it!
Who We Are
Queen Anna House of Fashion is a women's clothing boutique that offers timeless day to nightwear and has high regard for the beauty found in diversity. We encourage our clients to live their best fashionable lives and go into the world not only feeling good, so they can do good while looking good too.
At Queen Anna House of Fashion, we recognize every woman's exquisite uniqueness and authentically value all that comes with it. We seek to share our client's impact on the world by supporting their fashion and style-related needs. We continually build and cultivate community through brand partnerships with our vendors and collaborations. We often highlight partners with a cause that aligns with our brand ethos or is women-centered. We do so for the benefit of our clients and partners and, most importantly, the global community that we feel deserves the best of us, even as a small business.
Click to learn more about our inspiration, our muse Queen Anna.
The Role Logistics
We need day-to-day sales and operations support, team management, customer service, and fashion consulting. Our objective is to find the right people and create the ideal role for them/us so that we’re all doing what we love to do in support of our company goals.
This will be an employee position at $16-$20 per hr averaging 28-35 hrs per week. We also offer continued style training, learning the in’s and out’s of small business, employee discounts on store items, ability to earn bonuses, and paid leave through incentives.
This is for an in-person only position at our retail store located at 109 N 2nd St., Minneapolis, MN 55401. We currently need shifts covered during the hours of: 11am - 6pm Mondays-Saturdays, and 11am - 5pm Sundays. Shifts will rotate with other team members and you’ll have alternating weekends off. This can include some nights/weekends as well as busy seasons, holidays, and other high retail traffic sales days.
Available to people authorized to work within the United States. We highly encourage applicants who fit the qualifications and are looking for a close-knit company culture of all ethnicities, sizes, gender identities, and ages to apply.
Responsibilities and Areas of Need
Below is a list of areas where we have gaps and need your help, in priority order.
Bonus if someone has multiple areas of interest.
Mega bonus if someone has multiple areas of interest AND experience AND they love what we do AND they can keep up with high performers.
- Develop, implement and enforce sales strategies, initiatives and growth that are in line with QA organization objectives and make decisions that align with QA priorities and values.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen; strategically forecast as directed by Store Owner, plans and budgets to the business's needs (i.e., payrolls, staffing, etc.)
- Coordinate and execute the day-to-day in-store operations, including selling and service expectations, operations, and loss prevention.
- Style clients confidently based on their needs, budgets, and body types.
- Monitor in-store resources, alerting the appropriate team members to keep the store adequately supplied with the items required for operation, and write staff schedules to maximize business as directed by the Store Owner.
- Supervise, train, and motivate stylists as needed, and interact and communicate with Store Owners regularly to keep them informed. Evaluate all team members' performance and provide consistent and timely feedback; create and modify action plans for the continuous development of staff in partnership with the Store Owner.
- Maintain interior and exterior upkeep of the building with partnership from the Velo Landlord.
Skills That Will Enable You to Thrive
- You are able to learn quickly, aren’t afraid to ask questions, take initiative, and are proactive with your communication.
- You excel at balancing being thorough and efficient in a work environment with a mix of collaboration and limited supervision.
- You pride yourself in ownership of tasks that are delegated to you and prioritization and organization come easy for you.
- You take pride in refining your communication, both written and verbal, and especially the ability to facilitate conversations with language that makes others feel safe, seen, and supported.
- You stay on the pulse of fashion trends, love to learn about the history of boutique women’s fashion, and develop your skills for luxury retail customer service.
- You appreciate personal development, are socially responsible, conscious about the world around you, and passionate about making an impact in the community.
- You have an aptitude for listening and learning with an attention to detail. Special note to see if you’re paying attention. Finish this sentence: “I am a Queen because…” in the 2nd to last application question.
- You have the physical mobility and ability to reach above/bend at various heights, climb ladders/stairs/step-stools, frequently lift and carry up to 5 lbs, and lift/carry product/cartons up to 50 lbs as part of performing visual merchandising, housekeeping duties, and processing product shipment/transfers.
- You welcome learning new technology and can do so in a timely manner. We work in a variety of online and physical tools/systems and you will need to be able to use these with some basic training, including: Notion, Slack, G-Suite, Apple products, and Canva.
We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences enrich our team and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. Suppose you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above. In that case, we hope you will still share your unique background with us in your application and how you believe it would add value to our team and, most importantly, to our clients.
Queen Anna House of Fashion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Why It’s Awesome to Join Our Team
1) You can be your genuine, authentic self every day you come to work, and your co-workers and employer will find value in who you are innately and what you bring to the team. Not often do people in the workforce show up their authentic selves, and on our team, that is what we want because it is who we are and how we set ourselves apart.
If you like working with fashion-forward, passionate, communicative, creative, generous, and ambitious people… that's us!
2) We know our purpose in the world, and we want our team to align with who we are but, most importantly, what we do and why. We believe that ALL people deserve the very best. We have created that atmosphere in person and virtually that our love for humanity shines bright. We value inclusion, inspiring women to look good because they deserve it. We implement this in our client's interactions, experiences, community partnerships, and team culture. If that's appealing to you - and you care too - you'll be able to have a direct, meaningful impact and will love your job and the effect that you have on our clients.
3) We have an unwavering set of brand standards that holds each person accountable for their actions. These brand standards are how we make our decisions, and it's our brand standards that drive our company results. Our excellence standards also foster trustworthiness for our clients because we are consistent with them across all communication vehicles; in person, online, or on our social platforms. If you're dedicated to detail and are results-oriented, you'll succeed here and find yourself moving up the ladder quickly.
4) Other perks and benefits include…
- Mentorship: continued style training and to learn the in’s and out’s of a small business.
- Ability to earn bonuses and paid leave through incentives.
- 100% commission payout on all Concierge orders placed within the personal styling app.
- Discounts available after 60 days of work include:
- One item at cost each quarter (every three months).
- The ability to pre-order "at cost" items whenever a new order is placed.
- One thing to be discounted 30% each quarter (every three months).
- One was discounted 15% each quarter (every three months).