Development Associate (Donor Events and Engagement)
Job Logistics Summary
- Position: Development Associate (Donor Events and Engagement)
- Job Type: Part-time (25 hours per week). May grow to full-time depending upon the candidate’s availability and our personnel capacity needs. Also open to hiring on a contractor basis.
- Location: Partially remote with the expectation of 1 day in-office as COVID considerations and restrictions permit
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 annually
- Compensation: Paid time off and an Employer-provided healthcare reimbursement plan. Flexible work schedule.
About New Yorkers Against Gun Violence
NYAGV is the tax-exempt organization of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, incorporated in 1995. NYAGV Education Fund’s mission is to inform the public, particularly youth, about the dangers of gun violence and ways to prevent and reduce gun violence.
We are seeking an individual with experience in fundraising and event planning. This person will be a key contributor to donor cultivation, special events, and campaigns and will work closely with the Executive Director, Development Director, and Board of Directors to contribute to overall development strategy.
Donor Cultivation and Special Events/Campaigns
- Planning and Implementing Special Events, with a special focus on coordination of Annual Benefit event with Executive Director and Board. (This year’s benefit will be an in-person event in mid-October 2023. Venue has been confirmed but this position will immediately lead coordination and execution once hired.)
- Plan and implement Year-End Letter/On-line Campaign
- Donor research, outreach
- Coordinating of meetings and presentations to current and new donors.
- Track Donor engagement
- Oversee acknowledgement process and gift receipts
- Launch and run ongoing online fundraising
- Sends thank you notes
- Contributes to newsletter, social media and other marketing materials
Overall Development Strategy
- Partner with Executive Director to Identify and manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects and a focus on growing gifts by 3-5% per fiscal year
- Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to grow private and corporate giving
- Conduct prospect research to identify new funding sources
- Demonstrable experience as a fundraiser with experience in special events and online giving campaigns, major gifts, annual giving, and corporate partnership building.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel,Google Suite and PowerPoint)
- Strong command of donor database software (e.g. Salsa Engage, Salsa CRM, and/or EveryAction)
- Well-organized and detail oriented; ability to plan strategically, set priorities and focus on details and follow through
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication. Experience and ability to interact comfortably with a wide variety of people and communities.
- Ability to take initiative, self-motivate and function autonomously
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment
- Have experience working in social justice and have a demonstrated commitment to a racial equity framework
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This position provides paid time off and an Employer-provided healthcare reimbursement plan, as well as a flexible work schedule. Join us in the fight against gun violence!